New IAF directorate for pension, welfare issues of veterans
New Delhi: Aiming to provide focused attention to the needs of retired and retiring air veterans, Indian Air Force has set up a new directorate to take care of their pension and welfare issues.
Inaugurating the Directorate of the Air Warriors, IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal N A K Browne said, "The Directorate will provide value added services to both our retiring as well as retired air warriors and coordinate all aspects, hitherto being handled by different directorates."
According to IAF officials, the Directorate of Air Veterans is an effort towards bringing under one roof departments dealing with different aspects of these people so that they do not have to approach various agencies for their welfare and pensionary problems.
This directorate will function under the Air Officer-in- Charge Administration.
To streamline the pensionary and other needs of Air Veterans and consolidate them in an effective manner, the directorate will also deal with various civil government departments.
The directorate will also function through a website of its own for smoother functioning and early redressal of grievances.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know