New IAF directorate for pension, welfare issues of veterans
New Delhi: Aiming to provide focused attention to the needs of retired and retiring air veterans, Indian Air Force has set up a new directorate to take care of their pension and welfare issues.
Inaugurating the Directorate of the Air Warriors, IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal N A K Browne said, "The Directorate will provide value added services to both our retiring as well as retired air warriors and coordinate all aspects, hitherto being handled by different directorates."
According to IAF officials, the Directorate of Air Veterans is an effort towards bringing under one roof departments dealing with different aspects of these people so that they do not have to approach various agencies for their welfare and pensionary problems.
This directorate will function under the Air Officer-in- Charge Administration.
To streamline the pensionary and other needs of Air Veterans and consolidate them in an effective manner, the directorate will also deal with various civil government departments.
The directorate will also function through a website of its own for smoother functioning and early redressal of grievances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes