New IAF directorate for pension, welfare issues of veterans
New Delhi: Aiming to provide focused attention to the needs of retired and retiring air veterans, Indian Air Force has set up a new directorate to take care of their pension and welfare issues.
Inaugurating the Directorate of the Air Warriors, IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal N A K Browne said, "The Directorate will provide value added services to both our retiring as well as retired air warriors and coordinate all aspects, hitherto being handled by different directorates."
According to IAF officials, the Directorate of Air Veterans is an effort towards bringing under one roof departments dealing with different aspects of these people so that they do not have to approach various agencies for their welfare and pensionary problems.
This directorate will function under the Air Officer-in- Charge Administration.
To streamline the pensionary and other needs of Air Veterans and consolidate them in an effective manner, the directorate will also deal with various civil government departments.
The directorate will also function through a website of its own for smoother functioning and early redressal of grievances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand