New IAF directorate for pension, welfare issues of veterans
New Delhi: Aiming to provide focused attention to the needs of retired and retiring air veterans, Indian Air Force has set up a new directorate to take care of their pension and welfare issues.
Inaugurating the Directorate of the Air Warriors, IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal N A K Browne said, "The Directorate will provide value added services to both our retiring as well as retired air warriors and coordinate all aspects, hitherto being handled by different directorates."
According to IAF officials, the Directorate of Air Veterans is an effort towards bringing under one roof departments dealing with different aspects of these people so that they do not have to approach various agencies for their welfare and pensionary problems.
This directorate will function under the Air Officer-in- Charge Administration.
To streamline the pensionary and other needs of Air Veterans and consolidate them in an effective manner, the directorate will also deal with various civil government departments.
The directorate will also function through a website of its own for smoother functioning and early redressal of grievances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy
- Asha Kumari appointed AICC incharge of Punjab