New IAF directorate for pension, welfare issues of veterans
New Delhi: Aiming to provide focused attention to the needs of retired and retiring air veterans, Indian Air Force has set up a new directorate to take care of their pension and welfare issues.
Inaugurating the Directorate of the Air Warriors, IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal N A K Browne said, "The Directorate will provide value added services to both our retiring as well as retired air warriors and coordinate all aspects, hitherto being handled by different directorates."
According to IAF officials, the Directorate of Air Veterans is an effort towards bringing under one roof departments dealing with different aspects of these people so that they do not have to approach various agencies for their welfare and pensionary problems.
This directorate will function under the Air Officer-in- Charge Administration.
To streamline the pensionary and other needs of Air Veterans and consolidate them in an effective manner, the directorate will also deal with various civil government departments.
The directorate will also function through a website of its own for smoother functioning and early redressal of grievances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves