New Indian-South Africa `academic bridge` launched
Pretoria: Indian High Commissioner Virendra Gupta has launched a new academic programme here under which unemployed South African youths can benefit from internships in India.
The programme establishes a new `academic bridge` between the two countries under a partnership between Siva Sivani Institute of Management (SSIM) of Hyderabad and Ubuntu Institute of South Africa (Ubuntu).
Sailesh Sampathy, CEO of SSIM, and Prince Cedza Dlamini, CEO of Ubuntu, sealed the partnership agreement, explaining that the venture will be an educational outreach programme which will initially focus on the hospitality and agriculture sectors, through ICRISAT and Taj Group of India.
The programme will be expanded with support from Indian corporates, with the objective of expanding it to southern Africa as well.
Gupta said the new venture would further increase the historical links between South Africa and India and take further the vision and contributions of both Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela.
"We cannot emphasise enough the importance of Human Resource Development as an important aspect for the overall development of the people," Gupta said.
"This academic bridge will add one more important dimension in the ever-growing, friendly relations between India and South Africa and promote South-South co-operation."
S P Sampathy`s Siva Sivani Institute of Management is promoted by the Siva Sivani Group of Educational Institutions, which has been running internationally renowned Siva Sivani Public Schools for more than four decades.
The Ubuntu Institute is a leading social enterprise in Southern Africa with both non-profit and profit divisions.
The non-profit arm focuses on five of the United Nations Millennium Development Goals (MDG?s); Education, HIV/AIDS, Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women, Economic Development and Entrepreneurship and Environmental sustainability.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city