New judicial cadre in offing, Moily says
Nagpur: The Centre is in the process of
setting up a new judicial cadre for appointing judges directly
and it will materialise soon, Union Law Minister Veerappa Moily said on Sunday.
"The new judicial cadre will cater to the needs of
judiciary which is facing a crunch, in due course", Moily told
reporters here. He said as a part of modernisation of judicial
system, all the courts in the country would be strengthened
with the IT infrastructure by December 31, 2012.
Even the judgements of subordinate courts would be
available on website, he said.
Talking about the judicial reforms, Moily said the
government will introduce the `Judicial Standards and
Accountability Bill` in the monsoon session of Parliament.
Moily was all praise for mobile courts system and said
there was a growing demand and need for more such courts in
states such as Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh. To a question,
he said such courts were required specially in naxal- and
insurgency-affected areas for speedy justice.
Launched on Oct 2, 2009, the mobile courts were proving
to be a big success, he said. Moily also said his ministry was
giving priority to infrastructure development in subordinate
On the proposed national law school in Nagpur, Moily said
he would take up the issue with Maharashtra Chief Minister
Prithviraj Chavan, for allotment of land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception