New leads emerge in Delhi High Court blast
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Saturday found a switch which is believed to have been used to trigger off the blast at the Delhi High Court, reports say.
Earlier in the day, the Delhi Police had asked for the CCTV footage from over 700 hotels and guest houses for investigation.
Home Minister P Chidambaram on Friday said that there are promising, but no conclusive leads in the Delhi High Court blast case.
So far, four emails claiming responsibility for the Delhi HC blast have been received leaving investigators confounded.
Investigative agencies have detained two people from Rajasthan’s Alwar district on suspicion of their involvement in the terror attack.
Sources said on Saturday that the two have been detained as they resemble the two main suspects whose sketches were released by the Delhi Police.
The duo was held as they were looking for a hotel at Kishangarh Bas in Alwar. The two hail from Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Meanwhile, the National Investigative Agency (NIA) probing the case has detained four more people in Kishtwar region of Jammu and Kashmir and is questioning them about the terror email sent on the day of the blast from a cyber cafe in Kishtwar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional