New minister reminded to sign papers
New Delhi: Porika Naik Balram rushed to greet President Pranab Mukherjee and others present after his oath-taking, and in his joy almost forgot to sign his name after being sworn in at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
An official was seen reminding him to sign papers.
Naik, a Congressman, represents Mahabubabad in Andhra Pradesh in the Lok Sabha. He has long been associated with uplift of tribal groups in Andhra Pradesh and has also set up old age homes in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Pakistan needs to actively pursue terrorist organisations using their soil, says US
- PSEB 10th result 2016: Tarn Taran girl Simrandeep Kaur tops Punjab School Education Board 10th result with 99.08%
- Check Biharboard.bih.nic.in & Biharboard.ac.in for BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12th XII Intermediate Arts Result 2016 to be announced today - just an hour to go
- When Rajiv Gandhi explained features of a new Indian Navy ship to his parents-in-law
- Congolese's murder: VK Singh deputed to allay African envoys' concerns