New minister reminded to sign papers
New Delhi: Porika Naik Balram rushed to greet President Pranab Mukherjee and others present after his oath-taking, and in his joy almost forgot to sign his name after being sworn in at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
An official was seen reminding him to sign papers.
Naik, a Congressman, represents Mahabubabad in Andhra Pradesh in the Lok Sabha. He has long been associated with uplift of tribal groups in Andhra Pradesh and has also set up old age homes in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days