New minister reminded to sign papers
New Delhi: Porika Naik Balram rushed to greet President Pranab Mukherjee and others present after his oath-taking, and in his joy almost forgot to sign his name after being sworn in at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
An official was seen reminding him to sign papers.
Naik, a Congressman, represents Mahabubabad in Andhra Pradesh in the Lok Sabha. He has long been associated with uplift of tribal groups in Andhra Pradesh and has also set up old age homes in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress