New Rail Minister Mukul Roy to take oath tomorrow
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress’ Mukul Roy is all set to become the new Rail Minister, a day after Dinesh Trivedi quit from the post.
Roy would take oath of office and secrecy at 10 am tomorrow, sources said.
The development came after TMC chief Mamata Banerjee met the Prime Minister inside Parliament House complex roday.
Speaking in Parliament today, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said that he has accepted Trivedi’s resignation and forwarded the same to the President for acceptance.
While responding to the debate on the Motion of Thanks to the President’s address, Prime Minister Singh said, "I regret the departure of Shri Trivedi."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'