New Rashtrapati Bhavan museum to open today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will on Friday inaugurate a museum at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
The story of the presidential palace will be narrated in the museum through sound, light and video animation.
Housed in what used to be stables and a coach house used by the British rulers, the museum has been dedicated to the nation by the President, who completed two years in office earlier this month.
"The museum will be open every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9 am to 4 pm. Entry to the museum will be through gate no 30 on Mother Teresa Crescent road and is free of cost. Bookings can be made through www.presidentofindia.nic.in," a statement had on Wednesday said.
However, from November 1, Rs 25 per head would be charged as registration fee by the Rashtrapati Bhavan to "maintain and improve services to public". Children below 12 years will be exempted from the fee.
"Visitors in group of 30 people will be charged Rs 600 lump sum per visit and Rs 25 per visitor for additional persons," said the statement.
"The museum will narrate the story of the Rashtrapati Bhavan using sound, light and video animations with each room relating a story about India right from the Delhi Durbar of 1911 when the capital of British India was shifted to Delhi and Edward Lutyens was tasked with building seats of government.”
"It has a simulated battlefield with arms mounted on warriors, examples of furniture designed by Edwin Lutyens for the Viceroy`s residence, ceremonial coaches, photographs, paintings of the 19th Century, sketches and gifts received by successive Presidents from national and foreign dignitaries etc," it added.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know