New record, Rajdhani Exp zooms to 145 kmph
New Delhi: The fast just got faster. India’s premier long-distance train, the Rajdhani Express touched a new speed high at 145 kmph, thereby beginning a new era for Indian Railways.
Till now Rajdhani Express trains had an upper limit of 130 kmph. During the new trials conducted between Virar-Dahanu and Surat in the Mumbai-Vadodara section of Western Railway, Rajdhani Express trains made up of LHB coaches zoomed to near 150 kmph speed
The trials conducted by Research and Designs and Standards Organisation (RDSO), the research arm of Indian Railways, have been in the making for a while. Importantly, railways had carried out ‘route straightening’ before conducting speed trials and tests.
As per a report, the tests were a resounding success especially on the important parameters like ‘oscillation’ and ‘swing’.
The speed came close to that clocked by the fastest train in India, the Bhopal Shatabdi — which clocks a maximum speed of 160 kmph with an average speed of 93kmph, excluding stops.
The Rajdhani feat has now been listed as one of the major “achievements” of the RDSO.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city