New rehab package for Jaitapur N-plant displaced
Kolkata: The NPCIL has finalised a new Rs 650
crore rehabilitation package -- "10 times" more effective than
the existing one -- for displaced persons at the proposed
Jaitapur nuclear power in Maharastra in a bid to address the
growing opposition to the project.
The package for land and home losers worked out by the
Nuclear Power Corporation of India (NPCIL) will be announced
anyday, a top official said on Wednesday. The 6,000 MW plant is a
Indo-French joint venture.
"We have improved the rehabilitation package 10 times the
existing one. This would be announced any day," NPCIL chairman
and managing director S K Jain said here on the sidelines of
Despite possessing the land title for the project, the
NPCIL was unable to get hold of the land.
The new package will offer among others a revised land
price at Rs 5 lakh per acre, 20 years of annuity for loss of
livelihood, house in a complex, job to the eligible for each
family and lifetime pension for senior citizens for life for
land and home losers.
The new package would cost for NPCIL an excess of
Rs 650 crore, Jain said.
Jain said the NPCIL is hoping to sign the final agreement
for supply of two reactors for Jaitapur from French atomic
major Areva by March. Areva will supply six reactors as per
the general agreement reached in December.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan last week
visited Jaitapur in coastal Ratnagiri district and assured
maximum compensation for the displaced persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?