New system to fasten applications to grant Indian citizenship
New Delhi: The government has put in place
a new system to fasten and facilitate submission of online
applications for grant of Indian citizenship with the
development of a new software.
"The Ministry of Home Affairs has developed a software
to facilitate submission of online applications for grant of
Indian citizenship. The applicants can make application online
for quick processing of the same by the concerned agencies and
the central government," Minister of State for Home M
Ramachandran told Lok Sabha in a written reply on Tuesday.
The new system has been introduced with objectives
like, "faster and uniform processing of applications for grant
of Indian citizenship, easy monitoring and tracking of
applications, generation of accurate MIS reports and creation
and maintenance of centralised database of citizenship granted
to the foreigners," he said.
"Each application form is meant for one person only.
Once the online application form is submitted by the
applicant, an internet file number will be generated
automatically and the applicant may preserve this number for
"Applicant is required to submit the duly
signed/self-attested hard copy of the computer generated print
of the application form and supporting documents to the
concerned collector/DC/DM office. Thereafter, the
collector/DC/DM concerned, as the case may be, shall process
the application as per procedure laid down in the Citizenship
Act,1995 and rules made thereunder," he said.
A foreigner can apply online from the Home Ministry`s
website, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'