New Tatkal booking system from Tuesday
New Delhi: Amidst rising complaints about misuse of the railway`s Tatkal scheme of booking tickets, a revised scheme with additional measures to check the lacunae will come into effect from tomorrow under which passengers can book Tatkal tickets from 10AM instead of 8 am.
The revised scheme comes in the backdrop of increased number of complaints from train passengers about the misuse of the scheme and involvement of touts in cornering bulk of tickets to sell them at a premium.
No authorised agents, including agents of IRCTC and others, will be allowed to book Tatkal tickets from 10 AM to 12 AM from counters as well as from Internet.
While some zones will be operating separate counters for Tatkal tickets, others will be issuing tickets from the same counters but will provide only Tatkal tickets through these counters between 10 AM and 10.30 AM.
The booking of Tatkal tickets under the revamped scheme will begin on July 10 and zonal railways have been instructed to make adequate arrangement at reservation counters accordingly, said a senior Railway Ministry official.
Under the new arrangement, the booking of Tatkal tickets will start at 10 AM on the previous day of journey from the train`s originating station instead of 8 AM at present.
Measures such as installation of CCTVs in major booking centres, barring booking clerks to carry mobile phones inside counters, display of helpline numbers for complaints, raids by the vigilance squads to prevent misuse of Tatkal facility have been taken, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow