New Tatkal ticket rules come into effect
New Delhi: Indian Railways’ new ticket booking rules under the Tatkal Sewa will come into force from Monday.
Under the new rule, advance reservation period of Tatkal tickets has been reduced from two days to one day (24 hours).
The advance Reservation Period of Tatkal Scheme is reduced from two days to one day excluding the day of journey from the originating station from Monday.
For example, if a train is to depart from the originating station on 2nd day of the month then the Tatkal quota for this particular train will open at 08.00hrs of the 1st day of the month.
A maximum of FOUR passengers can be booked per PNR for Tatkal tickets.Now, no refund will be granted on cancellation of confirmed Tatkal tickets except in exceptional circumstances. Also, no duplicate tickets will be issued except only in exceptional cases on payment of full fare including Tatkal charges.
Tatkal tickets shall be issued only on production of prescribed photo identity card. For this purpose, a self attested photo copy of the proof of identity of any one passenger is required to be attached to the requisition slip.
During the journey, the passenger whose identity card number has been indicated on the ticket will have to produce original proof of identity indicated on the ticket. If the passenger whose identity card number is indicated on the ticket is not traveling, all other passengers booked on that ticket will be treated as travelling without ticket and charged accordingly.
Agents/RTSAs will not be able to book Tatkal tickets at the counters as well as on the internet between 08.00hrs to 10.00hrs.The IRCTC agents will be permitted to book only one Tatkal ticket per train per day on the internet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency