New Tatkal ticket rules kick in
New Delhi: Amidst rising complaints about misuse of the Railway`s Tatkal scheme of booking tickets, a revised scheme with additional measures to check the lacunae came into effect on Tuesday under which passengers can book Tatkal tickets from 10 am instead of 8 am.
The revised scheme comes in the backdrop of increased number of complaints from train passengers about the misuse of the scheme and involvement of touts in cornering bulk of tickets to sell them at a premium.
No authorised agents, including agents of IRCTC and others, will be allowed to book Tatkal tickets from 10 am to 12 am from counters as well as from Internet.
While some zones will be operating separate counters for Tatkal tickets, others will be issuing tickets from the same counters but will provide only Tatkal tickets through these counters between 10 am and 10.30 am.
The booking of Tatkal tickets under the revamped scheme began today and Zonal Railways have been instructed to make adequate arrangement at reservation counters accordingly.
Under the new arrangement, the booking of Tatkal tickets will start at 10 am on the previous day of journey from the train`s originating station instead of 8 am at present.
Measures such as installation of CCTVs in major booking centres, barring booking clerks to carry mobile phones inside counters, display of helpline numbers for complaints, and raids by the vigilance squads to prevent misuse of Tatkal facility have also been taken.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack