New team to lead BJP to victory in LS polls, say party leaders
New Delhi: Terming the new team announced by BJP president Rajnath Singh as "balanced" representing various sections and regions of the country, party leaders on Sunday said it will lead to BJP`s victory in the next Lok Sabha elections.
"All sections and regions have been represented in the new BJP team of Rajnath Singh, which has been declared after consultations with all leaders. This team will lead the party to victory in the next general elections. Be it backward classes, SCs/STs, women and youth, all have been given adequate representation. It is a perfect team," BJP vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said.
Party spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said, "This is a well-balanced team which will take BJP to victory and fulfil the aspirations of the people because they are fed up with the present UPA government."
Another party spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said, "All sections have been adequately represented. The youth have been given a chance and there is enough of young blood in the new team."
Meenakshi Lekhi, who is also a party Spokesperson, said BJP has accommodated 33 per cent reservation for women. She said the party has re-organised itself ahead of the next elections.
"The capacity and capability of leaders has been recognised and it is with this purpose that they have been assigned different roles by party President Rajnath Singh," she said.
Party leader Vinay Katiyar said it is a "balanced" team and exuded confidence that it will steer the party to victory in the ensuing Assembly and Lok Sabha polls.
Singh`s new team has 13 Vice Presidents, 10 General Secretaries, 15 Secretaries and seven Spokespersons, besides a 19-member Central Election Committee and a five-member Central Disciplinary Committee.
The party has a 12-member Central Parliamentary Board, its highest decision-making body.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference