New timing for change of guard ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhavan
New Delhi: The Change of Guard ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhavan will now take place from 9 AM - 9.40 AM on every Saturdays.
"The new timing for the `Ceremonial Changing of Guard` at Rashtrapati Bhavan will be 0900 hrs to 0940 hrs from August 15, 2012, to November 14, 2012," a Rashtrapati Bhavan communique said.
The ceremony was earlier scheduled between 8 AM-8.40 AM between March 15 to August 14.
During the `Ceremonial Changing of the Guard`, troopers of the President`s Body Guard and infantry soldiers of the Army change guard with clock-work precision. It takes place at North and South Block Square and inside Gate No 1 at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
The `Change of Guard` is a military ritual steeped in tradition. The President`s Body Guard, as is known today was raised in 1773 at Benares by the then Governor General, Warren Hastings.
It was first christened as `The Guard of Moguls` in 1773 and came to be known as `The President`s Body Guard` when India became a Republic on January 26, 1950.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi