New training facility for Army in Chhattisgarh
New Delhi: Army has set up a new permanent
training facility in the Naxal-affected area of Narayanpur in
Chhattisgarh to train its troops in jungle warfare.
The manoeuvre ranges in Narayanpur have been earmarked as
a permanent training facility to train troops in jungle
warfare. The first army brigade deployed in the area has
completed its training and the second batch will move in soon,
army sources said here.
The first army brigade from Lucknow was stationed in
Narayanpur in June and it successfully completed its training
in the third week of August, they said.
Narayanpur range, which is located deep inside the
forests of Chhattisgarh, was selected because of its suitable
location and surroundings.
Army has been facing shortage of training facilities.
Due to thick vegetation and forest, this area suits the
purpose of jungle warfare training, the sources said.
Need was felt to set up a training base in central part
of India as both the existing training facilities in jungle
warfare- in Vairangte and Dimapur- are located in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!