New twist to Kolhapur sex scandal
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Tuesday, May 03, 2011, 14:11
  
Nagpur: The investigating officer probing the Kolhapur Police Training School sex scandal has dismissed allegations of exploitation of women recruits there, saying that "only one" rape case has been reported so far.

"There is no truth in the allegations of sexual exploitation of seven trainee women police constables at the Regional Police Training School (RPTS) in Kolhapur. Only one case of rape has been reported," Additional SP of Nashik, Maithali Jha who was assigned with the probe, told reporters here yesterday.

She claimed to have talked to each of the 71 recruits in the city where they are undergoing the second phase of training before cross-checking the facts and circumstances herself, leading to the allegations.

Jha said two police officers including a deputy superintendent of police and an inspector are also facing charges in connection with the alleged rape. Drill master and head constable Yuvraj Kamble who was accused of raping a woman recruit, is already under arrest.

She will be submitting the probe report to concerned authorities within three days.

Maharashtra government had ordered a high-level probe last week following complaints by a few trainee women constables at the RPTS of sexual harassment by their seniors.

PTI


First Published: Tuesday, May 03, 2011, 14:11


comments powered by Disqus