New twist to Kolhapur sex scandal
Nagpur: The investigating officer probing the
Kolhapur Police Training School sex scandal has dismissed
allegations of exploitation of women recruits there, saying
that "only one" rape case has been reported so far.
"There is no truth in the allegations of sexual
exploitation of seven trainee women police constables at the
Regional Police Training School (RPTS) in Kolhapur. Only one
case of rape has been reported," Additional SP of Nashik,
Maithali Jha who was assigned with the probe, told reporters
She claimed to have talked to each of the 71 recruits in
the city where they are undergoing the second phase of
training before cross-checking the facts and circumstances
herself, leading to the allegations.
Jha said two police officers including a deputy
superintendent of police and an inspector are also facing
charges in connection with the alleged rape. Drill master and
head constable Yuvraj Kamble who was accused of raping a
woman recruit, is already under arrest.
She will be submitting the probe report to concerned
authorities within three days.
Maharashtra government had ordered a high-level probe
last week following complaints by a few trainee women
constables at the RPTS of sexual harassment by their seniors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'