New version of Jana Gana Mana unveiled
New Delhi: A new version of Jana Gana Mana,
the national anthem written by Rabindranath Tagore was
unveiled on Friday.
Titled "Jaya hey", the 8-minute audio-visual
presentation is set to music and produced by Saregama on the
occasion of 150th birth anniversary of Tagore.
Sung and played by 39 celebrated artists like Girija
Devi, M Balamuralikrishna, Nithyashree Mahadevan, Pandit Shiv
Kumar Sharma on Santoor, Pandit Vishwamohan Bhatt on the Mohan
Veena, Sunidhi Chauhan, Kailash Kher, P Susheela, Jagjit Singh
and Shankar Mahadevan, folk singers like Lopamudra Mitra and
Lakhandas Baul, the music was released ahead of the
The audio-visual presentation was unveiled by Finance
Minister Pranab Mukherjee, who is also the Chairperson of the
National Implementation Committee to commemorate Tagore`s
150th birth anniversary.
Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni and
Culture Minister Selja were also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'