New version of Jana Gana Mana unveiled
New Delhi: A new version of Jana Gana Mana,
the national anthem written by Rabindranath Tagore was
unveiled on Friday.
Titled "Jaya hey", the 8-minute audio-visual
presentation is set to music and produced by Saregama on the
occasion of 150th birth anniversary of Tagore.
Sung and played by 39 celebrated artists like Girija
Devi, M Balamuralikrishna, Nithyashree Mahadevan, Pandit Shiv
Kumar Sharma on Santoor, Pandit Vishwamohan Bhatt on the Mohan
Veena, Sunidhi Chauhan, Kailash Kher, P Susheela, Jagjit Singh
and Shankar Mahadevan, folk singers like Lopamudra Mitra and
Lakhandas Baul, the music was released ahead of the
The audio-visual presentation was unveiled by Finance
Minister Pranab Mukherjee, who is also the Chairperson of the
National Implementation Committee to commemorate Tagore`s
150th birth anniversary.
Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni and
Culture Minister Selja were also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement