Newborns named after 26/11 slain couple
Mumbai: The gruesome killing of the Jewish
couple -- Rivka and Gavriel -- at the Nariman House here
during the 26/11 attacks in this metropolis last year has
evoked global sympathies with many newborns being named after
According to Israeli Magazine `Chabad`, more than 500
newborns have been named after the couple. Soon after the news
of their gruesome death spread on various channels and
newspapers, a wave of support for the slain couple and their
orphaned child Moshe spread globally, it said.
The magazine has a regularly updated special column
dedicated to the Rabbi and his wife which invites details of
all the toddlers who have been named after the couple along
with their stories, photographs and videos.
The section has details of about 64 toddlers displayed
on it but it claims to have details of more than 500 toddlers
with the numbers still rising.
"The above list is incomplete. For example, we know that
on that same Tuesday when the funeral was held, two
circumcisions were celebrated in Kiev, Ukraine, with both boys
given the name Gavriel Noach. We don`t, however, have their
full names or pictures," the magazine wrote in an article.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal