Newfound love for Modi, Goa CM "shed his sheep`s clothing": Congress
Panaji: In supporting Narendra Modi, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar has "finally shed his sheep`s clothing", Nationalist Congress Party said on Saturday.
Addressing a press conference at the party`s state headquarters, NCP spokesperson Trajano D`mello said that Parrikar had kept the Gujarat chief minister at bay and ensured that the latter did not even campaign in Goa when the state was poll-bound in 2012.
"In vociferously supporting Modi, Parrikar has finally shed his sheep`s clothing and is now showing his wolf`s colours. He is foisting a communal Modi on a secular India," Trajano said.
Parrikar had rolled the ball seeking to make Modi the face of the BJP for the Lok Sabha 2014 polls, setting the tone for the BJP national executive meet held in Goa recently. Modi was eventually appointed the party`s head of the election management committee.
Parrikar has since insisted that Modi`s youth and energy would vibe with India`s youth and could go a long way in ensuring that the party wins the 2014 Lok Sabha polls. The chief minister has also said that the 2002 riots in Godhra were a case of administrative collapse and that Modi alone should not be held responsible.
Trajano has now said that Parrikar`s love for Modi is rather newfound, because the state chief minister had not allowed his Gujarat counterpart to campaign in Goa during the 2012 polls for fear of losing the minority votes.
"If Modi is so good for the country, why did Parrikar not let him campaign in Goa? Is it because the BJP feared a backlash from the minorities living here?" Trajano said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?