Newfound love for Modi, Goa CM "shed his sheep`s clothing": Congress
Panaji: In supporting Narendra Modi, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar has "finally shed his sheep`s clothing", Nationalist Congress Party said on Saturday.
Addressing a press conference at the party`s state headquarters, NCP spokesperson Trajano D`mello said that Parrikar had kept the Gujarat chief minister at bay and ensured that the latter did not even campaign in Goa when the state was poll-bound in 2012.
"In vociferously supporting Modi, Parrikar has finally shed his sheep`s clothing and is now showing his wolf`s colours. He is foisting a communal Modi on a secular India," Trajano said.
Parrikar had rolled the ball seeking to make Modi the face of the BJP for the Lok Sabha 2014 polls, setting the tone for the BJP national executive meet held in Goa recently. Modi was eventually appointed the party`s head of the election management committee.
Parrikar has since insisted that Modi`s youth and energy would vibe with India`s youth and could go a long way in ensuring that the party wins the 2014 Lok Sabha polls. The chief minister has also said that the 2002 riots in Godhra were a case of administrative collapse and that Modi alone should not be held responsible.
Trajano has now said that Parrikar`s love for Modi is rather newfound, because the state chief minister had not allowed his Gujarat counterpart to campaign in Goa during the 2012 polls for fear of losing the minority votes.
"If Modi is so good for the country, why did Parrikar not let him campaign in Goa? Is it because the BJP feared a backlash from the minorities living here?" Trajano said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP triumphs across state; hung verdict in BMC elections
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test