Newspaper body takes exception to Moily`s Wage Board remark
New Delhi: The Confederation of Newspaper and News Agency Employees` Organisations on Thursday took exception to reported remarks of outgoing Union Minister Veerappa Moily that government`s approval of Majithia wage board recommendations was an instance of mismanagement by it.
The Confederation regretted that Moily has disregarded facts in terming as "most unreasonable" the recommendations hiking salaries for newspaper and news agency employees.
"That Moily, a former Law Minister, should overlook the clear verdict of the Supreme Court on the recommendations and attack them as unreasonable only seems to be betray his loss of bearing," a statement by Confederation general secretary M S Yadav said.
Moily while talking about how government "mismanaged everything including the media" is reported to have said that the Wage Board was the "most unreasonable recommendation" it accepted and that it incurred the displeasure of managements of all media organisations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth