Newspaper body takes exception to Moily`s Wage Board remark
New Delhi: The Confederation of Newspaper and News Agency Employees` Organisations on Thursday took exception to reported remarks of outgoing Union Minister Veerappa Moily that government`s approval of Majithia wage board recommendations was an instance of mismanagement by it.
The Confederation regretted that Moily has disregarded facts in terming as "most unreasonable" the recommendations hiking salaries for newspaper and news agency employees.
"That Moily, a former Law Minister, should overlook the clear verdict of the Supreme Court on the recommendations and attack them as unreasonable only seems to be betray his loss of bearing," a statement by Confederation general secretary M S Yadav said.
Moily while talking about how government "mismanaged everything including the media" is reported to have said that the Wage Board was the "most unreasonable recommendation" it accepted and that it incurred the displeasure of managements of all media organisations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch