Next LS polls between "Wal Mart and Swadeshi front": P Muralidhar Rao
Chennai: Senior BJP leader P Muralidhar Rao on Saturday said the 2014 Lok Sabha polls would be fought between the "Wal Mart front" and the nationalist or Swadeshi front with the UPA government going ahead with the FDI in retail sector.
"The UPA and DMK, they stand for Wal Mart. I can call it a `Wal Mart front." In 2014, there will be elections. It will be betweeen the Wal Mart front and the nationalist front or Swadeshi front," Rao told reporters here.
He said NDA stood for nationalist or Swadeshi front.. ?UPA’s philosophy is Wal Martism. There is no Gandhism,? he said.
Ridiculing Congress leader Rahul Gandhi for invoking the name of Mahatma Gandhi during Gujarat electioneering, Rao said, ?Gandhi stood for khadi, charka, village industries, swadeshi, propagated Indian ethos and values and promoted Indian products.?
The BJP leader said the DMK would have to face a real challenge in the coming days in Tamil Nadu on the FDI issue. He said that over 65 per cent of people from the OBC and 15-20 per cent of people from SC were into the retailing business.
Replying to a question on the exit of BS Yeddyurappa from BJP in Karnataka, he said, "It is not a welcome thing. But, BJP is an ideological party and this party has been there for so many decades."
"People in Karnataka will realise.... The people who go out of the party will not definitely have a bright future. This has been the experience everywhere and Karnataka is no exception," he said.
On the Cauvery water row, he said the Prime Minister should address the concerns of both Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj