Next LS polls between "Wal Mart and Swadeshi front": P Muralidhar Rao
Chennai: Senior BJP leader P Muralidhar Rao on Saturday said the 2014 Lok Sabha polls would be fought between the "Wal Mart front" and the nationalist or Swadeshi front with the UPA government going ahead with the FDI in retail sector.
"The UPA and DMK, they stand for Wal Mart. I can call it a `Wal Mart front." In 2014, there will be elections. It will be betweeen the Wal Mart front and the nationalist front or Swadeshi front," Rao told reporters here.
He said NDA stood for nationalist or Swadeshi front.. ?UPA’s philosophy is Wal Martism. There is no Gandhism,? he said.
Ridiculing Congress leader Rahul Gandhi for invoking the name of Mahatma Gandhi during Gujarat electioneering, Rao said, ?Gandhi stood for khadi, charka, village industries, swadeshi, propagated Indian ethos and values and promoted Indian products.?
The BJP leader said the DMK would have to face a real challenge in the coming days in Tamil Nadu on the FDI issue. He said that over 65 per cent of people from the OBC and 15-20 per cent of people from SC were into the retailing business.
Replying to a question on the exit of BS Yeddyurappa from BJP in Karnataka, he said, "It is not a welcome thing. But, BJP is an ideological party and this party has been there for so many decades."
"People in Karnataka will realise.... The people who go out of the party will not definitely have a bright future. This has been the experience everywhere and Karnataka is no exception," he said.
On the Cauvery water row, he said the Prime Minister should address the concerns of both Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli