Next LS polls between "Wal Mart and Swadeshi front": P Muralidhar Rao
Chennai: Senior BJP leader P Muralidhar Rao on Saturday said the 2014 Lok Sabha polls would be fought between the "Wal Mart front" and the nationalist or Swadeshi front with the UPA government going ahead with the FDI in retail sector.
"The UPA and DMK, they stand for Wal Mart. I can call it a `Wal Mart front." In 2014, there will be elections. It will be betweeen the Wal Mart front and the nationalist front or Swadeshi front," Rao told reporters here.
He said NDA stood for nationalist or Swadeshi front.. ?UPA’s philosophy is Wal Martism. There is no Gandhism,? he said.
Ridiculing Congress leader Rahul Gandhi for invoking the name of Mahatma Gandhi during Gujarat electioneering, Rao said, ?Gandhi stood for khadi, charka, village industries, swadeshi, propagated Indian ethos and values and promoted Indian products.?
The BJP leader said the DMK would have to face a real challenge in the coming days in Tamil Nadu on the FDI issue. He said that over 65 per cent of people from the OBC and 15-20 per cent of people from SC were into the retailing business.
Replying to a question on the exit of BS Yeddyurappa from BJP in Karnataka, he said, "It is not a welcome thing. But, BJP is an ideological party and this party has been there for so many decades."
"People in Karnataka will realise.... The people who go out of the party will not definitely have a bright future. This has been the experience everywhere and Karnataka is no exception," he said.
On the Cauvery water row, he said the Prime Minister should address the concerns of both Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Coal India Limited's 66 coal mine projects facing delays
- Tax dept asks officers to suggest changes in direct tax laws
- RAW footage Caution: Speeding train runs over man as he lay on rail track – WATCH
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar visit three-time NBA champions Miami Heat
- Tripura CM Manik Sarkar appeals to people to maintain peace, harmony