Nexus among Dawood, LeT, IM and Babbar Khalsa: Police to court
New Delhi: A nexus among underworld don Dawood Ibrahim and banned groups Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), Indian Mujahideen (IM) and Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) has surfaced during probe into a case against terrorist Abdul Karim Tunda, Delhi Police has told a court here.
In its supplementary charge sheet filed against top LeT bomb expert Tunda, special cell of Delhi Police said that he had met Dawood in Pakistan in 2002 through BKI to discuss about carrying out terror activities in India.
The police, in its charge sheet filed before Additional Sessions Judge Bharat Parashar, said 71-year-old Tunda had met Dawood in Karachi through suspected BKI operative Iqbal Bunty and the underworld don had assured them help in carrying out terror activities in India.
"In 2002, BKI`s Lakhbir Singh`s friend Iqbal Bunty had taken Tunda to Dawood Ibrahim`s house in Karachi in Pakistan. Dawood had assured Tunda that he would help him in future terrorist activities in India. After 6-7 months, Tunda had again met Dawood Ibrahim who had provided money to Tunda to preach `jihad` in madrassas in Pakistan," it said.
It also said that Tunda had met banned terror group IM`s founder member Amir Reza Khan in Karachi in 2005 and Khan had assured that he would help him in terror activities in India.
Tunda has been named in the charge sheet for offences under provisions of Terrorist and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act (TADA), Explosive Substances Act, Arms Act and under section 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of IPC.
The special cell also revealed that Pakistani Intelligence agency ISI and Tunda had planned to carry out bomb blasts during the 2010 Delhi Commonwealth Games and BKI was given the responsibility for this act.
"In 2010, Colonel Imtiyaz and Iqbal Kana had told Tunda to plan bomb blasts during Commonwealth Games through BKI and Tunda was given the responsibility to send RDX (explosive) in India through Bangladesh," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog