Nexus between Maoists, northeast insurgents
New Delhi: The government is aware of a nexus between Maoists and insurgents in India`s northeast but not with the Pakistani intelligence, Minister of State for Home RPN Singh said Tuesday.
The minister told the Lok Sabha that there was no evidence of such a link among the Inter-Service Intelligence (ISI) of Pakistan, the Maoists and the northeast rebels.
"However, there is evidence of a nexus between the Maoists and certain insurgent groups of the northeast," he said. "The government is closely monitoring the situation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?