Nexus between Maoists, northeast insurgents
New Delhi: The government is aware of a nexus between Maoists and insurgents in India`s northeast but not with the Pakistani intelligence, Minister of State for Home RPN Singh said Tuesday.
The minister told the Lok Sabha that there was no evidence of such a link among the Inter-Service Intelligence (ISI) of Pakistan, the Maoists and the northeast rebels.
"However, there is evidence of a nexus between the Maoists and certain insurgent groups of the northeast," he said. "The government is closely monitoring the situation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi