Nexus between Maoists, northeast insurgents
New Delhi: The government is aware of a nexus between Maoists and insurgents in India`s northeast but not with the Pakistani intelligence, Minister of State for Home RPN Singh said Tuesday.
The minister told the Lok Sabha that there was no evidence of such a link among the Inter-Service Intelligence (ISI) of Pakistan, the Maoists and the northeast rebels.
"However, there is evidence of a nexus between the Maoists and certain insurgent groups of the northeast," he said. "The government is closely monitoring the situation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Scarlett Keeling's death caused by external forces, claims defence
- Will viewing torrent sites and blocked URLs really land you in jail?
- Japan tells China to stop violating territory in East China Sea
- Court imposes Rs 5,000 cost on CBI in Abhay Chautala's DA case
- This woman's jaw-dropping heroics on world's tallest skyscrapers will take your breath away - See Pics