Nexus between Maoists, northeast insurgents
New Delhi: The government is aware of a nexus between Maoists and insurgents in India`s northeast but not with the Pakistani intelligence, Minister of State for Home RPN Singh said Tuesday.
The minister told the Lok Sabha that there was no evidence of such a link among the Inter-Service Intelligence (ISI) of Pakistan, the Maoists and the northeast rebels.
"However, there is evidence of a nexus between the Maoists and certain insurgent groups of the northeast," he said. "The government is closely monitoring the situation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi