NGO stands by Justice Ganguly, writes to President, PMO
Kolkata: Terming any move to remove Justice (retd) AK Ganguly as chairman of the West Bengal Human Rights Commission a violation of the Right to Life and Liberty guaranteed by the Constitution, an NGO has written to the President and the PMO seeking "justice".
"Media trial and biased approach of feminist organisations have already pronounced Justice Ganguly guilty on a mere accusation of an intern. Removing him will violate the constitutional Right to Life and Liberty. Ganguly has not been given a fair representation," said Amit Gupta, general secretary of National Coalition for Men (NCM).
"No FIR has been lodged in this matter yet, but an attack on his integrity, reputation and honour is on," he said.
"We have urged upon the President to look into the matter so that the pressure on the retired Supreme Court judge comes to an end," Gupta said.
Quoting the Constitution, he said "The UN charter and Constitution of India make provisions for considering every human being `innocent till proven guilty`. Why then Ganguly is subjected to such inhuman behavior and mental torture? This needs to stop immediately."
"Many have demanded Justice Ganguly`s resignation, but none are keen in the real issue. The real issue is to bring out the truth. A fair probe is the need of the hour," Gupta added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon