NGOs of India, Pak to hold candle light vigil
Amritsar: A candlelight vigil would be held on August 14 on the Indo-Pak border at Wagah for promoting harmony between the two countries.
"Among others, a 32-member delegation from Pakistan, members of Indian NGO `Hind Pak Dosti Manch` and those of `Folklore Research Academy` would take part in the candlelight march on both the sides," General secretary, Hind Pak Dosti Manch Satnam Manak and President, Folklore Research Academy Ramesh Yadav told reporters here on Sunday.
Manak said that people on both the sides would turn up for the march at the Attari check post on August 14 at 12.00 am.
He informed that peaceniks of India and Pakistan have already obtained mandatory permission from their respective governments to assemble on the international border during the midnight of August 14.
The aim was to spread the message of friendship, peace and love, Manak said, adding that eminent personalities of India and Pakistan are expected to attend the event on both the sides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price