`NHAI, DGSCL close to settle row on Delhi-Gurgaon
New Delhi: The National Highways Authority of India and a concessionaire, operating the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway, today told the Delhi High Court that they were close to resolving their differences, leading the NHAI to threaten latter to cancel its permit to operate the highway.
"A meeting had taken place yesterday between the NHAI Committee and the concessionaire, Delhi-Gurgaon Super Connectivity Limited (DGSCL) and the issues between the two parties have been settled. However, internal approvals are required for formalising the settlement," the counsel for the two parties told Justice S Muralidhar and sought more time to finalise the settlement.
Justice Muralidhra granted time till August 6 to formalise the settlement and deferred the hearing till then.
The court earlier had directed NHAI to meet the developer to resolve the dispute and reach an amicable solution.
The court was hearing DGSCL`s plea for a direction to restrain NHAI from taking any coercive action against it, including termination of the contract to operate the expressway.
According to DGSCL, the relations between the two parties had turned sour after the NHAI accused DGSCL of fraud in the form of re-financing the project without getting its approval.
The highways authority, while ordering termination of its deal with the private firm, had accused it of failing to improve services at the 32-lane toll plaza.
The DGSCL had approached the court after the NHAI had issued a preliminary notice to it on December 7 last year for cancelling the contract.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?