NHRC chairman favours health as fundamental right
New Delhi: National Human Rights Commission chairman KG Balakrishnan on Wednesday advocated for the inclusion of the right to health in the list of fundamental rights.
"Making the right to health a fundamental right in the constitution would be an important way forward in improving the overall health services scenario and providing universal healthcare in the country," an NHRC statement quoted Balakrishnan as saying.
The chairman was speaking on the last day of the two-day conference on "Healthcare as a Human Right," organised by the NHRC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- 21 patients die on single day in Hyderabad govt hospital, staff blame power outage
- New Zealand's Queenstown Airport evacuated after 'bomb message' found on plane
- SHOCKING! Star wrestler Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio participation doubtful
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here
- DDA's next housing scheme could be completely online