NHRC chairman favours health as fundamental right
New Delhi: National Human Rights Commission chairman KG Balakrishnan on Wednesday advocated for the inclusion of the right to health in the list of fundamental rights.
"Making the right to health a fundamental right in the constitution would be an important way forward in improving the overall health services scenario and providing universal healthcare in the country," an NHRC statement quoted Balakrishnan as saying.
The chairman was speaking on the last day of the two-day conference on "Healthcare as a Human Right," organised by the NHRC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption