NHRC committee to frame guidelines for drug trials
New Delhi: National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Friday constituted a committee to frame guidelines for clinical trial of drugs in the country.
The five-member panel will represent premier medical institutions of the country while NHRC will coordinate its meetings, a statement said.
The committee includes Dr D C Doval, Director (Research and Medical Oncology), Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, Prof Vivekanand Jha of PGIMER, Chandigarh and Prof B N Dhawan, former Director, Central Drug Research Institute and Chairman of Institutional Ethics Committee of Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow.
The other members are Dr Subhash Yadav of SGPGI in Lucknow and Dr Nilima Kshirsgar of Indian Council of Medical Research.
NHRC had earlier taken suo motu cognisance of media reports alleging unethical clinical drug trials in some parts of the country.
The Commission has also decided to intervene in a public interest litigation relating to the clinical trials of drugs pending before the Supreme Court. The PIL has been filed by an Indore- based NGO, Swasthya Adhikar Manch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them