NHRC issues notice in Chennai boy killing case
New Delhi: The NHRC on Wednesday issued notice to
the Defence Secretary and the Chennai Police Commissioner
seeking their reports on the killing of a teenaged boy in
defence area in Chennai.
The National Human Rights Commission has asked both
the Defence Secretary and police chief to submit detailed
reports in the matter within four weeks, a spokesperson said.
The issuance of the notice came after NHRC received a
complaint based on one of the media reports that 13-year-old
Dilshan was shot dead allegedly by an army personnel as he
tried to trespass into the defence area.
The incident occurred on July 3 at the Island
Grounds area that houses army residential quarters, where
Dilshan had allegedly gone to pick some fruits.
Meanwhile, Army Chief General VK Singh promised
strong action against anybody found guilty but said the entire
force should not be defamed if any individual is suspected.
"Whoever has committed any mistake in the incident,
be it an officer or a jawan, strong action will be taken
against him," Singh said.
A Lt Colonel and a jawan have been questioned by Crime
Branch-CID in connection with the incident. However, no one
has been arrested so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune