NHRC makes public assets of ex-CJI Balakrishnan
New Delhi: The National Human Rights
Commission has made public skeletal details of assets owned by
its Chairman K G Balakrishnan showing there was no change in
the moveable and immovable properties owned by him.
According to details of his assets given by the NHRC in
response to an RTI application, Balakrishnan owns four
properties in his name and one in his wife Nirmala
Balakrishnan`s name. One property is a family one.
These assets have remained unchanged since he retired as
Chief Justice of India and have been made public on Supreme
Court`s web site by him, the NHRC said in response.
"The declaration of assets made by Justice K G
Balkrishnan in the year 2009, as Chief Justice of India,
stands for the year 2010. There is no addition or change in
the position made therein," the reply said.
The former Chief Justice of India has not invested in
shares or fixed deposits and owns a Hyundai Santro car of 2000
make, the reply to activist S C Agrawal shows.
Balakrishnan, who has refused to make public his Income
Tax returns to RTI applicants, has 20 soveriegns of Gold and
get Rs 50,000, after deducting Rs 50,000 as pension, as salary
from his present assignment, it shows.
The CBI is considering a corruption complaint against
Balakrishnan as another complaint against him has been
dismissed as the agency found it vague and lacking substance,
the agency had said in an earlier RTI reply to Agrawal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani