NHRC says no rape at Lakhimpur, Bhatta-Parsaul
New Delhi: In a blow to the critics of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, a probe by the National Human Right Commission (NHRC) has found the allegations of rape at Lakhimpur Kheri police station and at Bhatta Parsaul as baseless.
According to a report in a leading English daily, the NHRC states in its 800-page report that there was no basis to believe Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi`s claim about police raping women and killing people in Bhatta Parsaul, the epicentre of recent stir by farmers.
The report however gives a detailed account of police excess on Bhatta Parsaul villagers who were protesting against land acquisition.
Separately, the NHRC probe into alleged rape and murder of a minor girl at Nighasan police station in Lakhimpur Kheri district found the girl wasn’t sexually assaulted as her hymen was intact and there was no sign of any injury to her private parts. The probe however found the girl had resisted attempts of sexual assault leading to her strangulation by the accused. The minor was found hanging inside the police station complex.
The newspaper reported NHRC sources as saying that the separate reports were submitted to chairman Justice KG Balakrishnan. The sources added that the full commission would meet soon to look into the reports and then forward recommendations to the UP government on the two purported incidents of police excess.
It should be noted that National Commission for Women (NCW) had found the Congress` allegations to be true.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt