NHRC to give suggestions on laws on sexual offence
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) will give suggestions to the government on making laws regarding sexual offences more stringent after a discussion with stakeholders next week.
An NHRC spokesperson said the Commission has decided to organise a conference next Tuesday to discuss with various stakeholders the existing laws for taking action against violators of women’s dignity and explore the possibilities of making these more stringent.
"Suggestions emerging out of the discussions will be sent to the government," the spokesperson said.
Last February, inclusion of a separate chapter in IPC was discussed at the Statutory Full Commission of NHRC and it was decided that NCW send a proposal on the issue to the rights body for its consideration.
NHRC Chairperson Justice KG Balakrishnan had then stated that the issue is very important and the Law Commission needed to take up this matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack