NHRC to give suggestions on laws on sexual offence
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) will give suggestions to the government on making laws regarding sexual offences more stringent after a discussion with stakeholders next week.
An NHRC spokesperson said the Commission has decided to organise a conference next Tuesday to discuss with various stakeholders the existing laws for taking action against violators of women’s dignity and explore the possibilities of making these more stringent.
"Suggestions emerging out of the discussions will be sent to the government," the spokesperson said.
Last February, inclusion of a separate chapter in IPC was discussed at the Statutory Full Commission of NHRC and it was decided that NCW send a proposal on the issue to the rights body for its consideration.
NHRC Chairperson Justice KG Balakrishnan had then stated that the issue is very important and the Law Commission needed to take up this matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read