NHRC to probe Ram Singh`s death in Tihar jail
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Tuesday asked its Director General (Investigation) to inquire into the death of Delhi gangrape prime accused Ram Singh in Tihar Jail.
Taking cognizance of the alleged suicide of Singh, a statement said the Commission has asked the senior official to to collect facts and submit a report within eight weeks.
The statement said it received an intimation about his death from the Superintendent of Tihar`s Jail No 3.
"In his communication, it is written that undertrial prisoner Ram Singh was found hanging and was declared dead by the Medical Officer of Central Jail Hospital, Tihar at 5:45 am on March 11, 2013," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Seoul, Washington start war game despite Pyongyang's backlash
- Manjula Chellur sworn-in as Chief Justice of Bombay High Court
- Gionee S6s smartphone with 8MP front camera launched at Rs 17,999
- Karisma Kapoor just shared a major throwback picture with sister Kareena and we LOVE IT!
- Fungi show green way to recycle batteries