NHRC to probe Ram Singh`s death in Tihar jail
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Tuesday asked its Director General (Investigation) to inquire into the death of Delhi gangrape prime accused Ram Singh in Tihar Jail.
Taking cognizance of the alleged suicide of Singh, a statement said the Commission has asked the senior official to to collect facts and submit a report within eight weeks.
The statement said it received an intimation about his death from the Superintendent of Tihar`s Jail No 3.
"In his communication, it is written that undertrial prisoner Ram Singh was found hanging and was declared dead by the Medical Officer of Central Jail Hospital, Tihar at 5:45 am on March 11, 2013," it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split