NHRC to probe Ram Singh`s death in Tihar jail
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Tuesday asked its Director General (Investigation) to inquire into the death of Delhi gangrape prime accused Ram Singh in Tihar Jail.
Taking cognizance of the alleged suicide of Singh, a statement said the Commission has asked the senior official to to collect facts and submit a report within eight weeks.
The statement said it received an intimation about his death from the Superintendent of Tihar`s Jail No 3.
"In his communication, it is written that undertrial prisoner Ram Singh was found hanging and was declared dead by the Medical Officer of Central Jail Hospital, Tihar at 5:45 am on March 11, 2013," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!