NHRC to probe Ram Singh`s death in Tihar jail
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Tuesday asked its Director General (Investigation) to inquire into the death of Delhi gangrape prime accused Ram Singh in Tihar Jail.
Taking cognizance of the alleged suicide of Singh, a statement said the Commission has asked the senior official to to collect facts and submit a report within eight weeks.
The statement said it received an intimation about his death from the Superintendent of Tihar`s Jail No 3.
"In his communication, it is written that undertrial prisoner Ram Singh was found hanging and was declared dead by the Medical Officer of Central Jail Hospital, Tihar at 5:45 am on March 11, 2013," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter