NHRC to probe Ram Singh`s death in Tihar jail
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Tuesday asked its Director General (Investigation) to inquire into the death of Delhi gangrape prime accused Ram Singh in Tihar Jail.
Taking cognizance of the alleged suicide of Singh, a statement said the Commission has asked the senior official to to collect facts and submit a report within eight weeks.
The statement said it received an intimation about his death from the Superintendent of Tihar`s Jail No 3.
"In his communication, it is written that undertrial prisoner Ram Singh was found hanging and was declared dead by the Medical Officer of Central Jail Hospital, Tihar at 5:45 am on March 11, 2013," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan