NIA accuses Delhi Police of frustrating probe in terror cases
New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Tuesday argued in a court here that Delhi Police was trying to "frustrate" their ongoing probe against Indian Mujahideen (IM) operatives by seeking further custody of top IM men Tehsin Akhtar and Zia-ur-Rehman alias Waqas.
The tug of war between the two probe agencies was seen in the court after the Special Cell of Delhi Police sought 25 days police custody of Tehsin and Waqas in connection with a case regarding the conspiracy of IM and Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) to carry out terror strikes in the national capital.
The NIA told the court that the Special Cell was again seeking remand of these two accused to "frustrate the investigation so far done by the NIA with respect to accused in different FIRs."
The NIA also said their probe into these cases were "held up" due to want of interrogation of these accused.
The Special Cell, however, countered the NIA`s submissions saying their probe into the case regarding the conspiracy of IM and LeT to carry out terror strikes in Delhi was going on.
It also argued the interrogation of these two accused was necessary to "verify the nexus between LeT and IM".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest