NIA announces reward on Delhi HC blast accused
New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Friday declared three Hizbul Mujahideen terrorists as wanted in connection with the September 7 Delhi High Court blast case and announced a cash reward of Rs 10 lakh for any information leading to their arrest.
The federal agency assured that the identity of the informer would be kept secret.
The three Hizbul militants - Junaid Akram, Shakir Hussain Sheikh and Amir Ali Kamal are residents of Kishtwar district of J&K - said to have played “crucial role” in the conspiracy which led to the blast.
Junaid, aged 19 is the brother of Wasim Akram Malik, presently in NIA custody in connection to the blast case. He has been operating between Dachhan and Palmar area of Jammu region since 2010 and faces several terrorist-related cases in Kishtwar region, investigators say.
Amir Ali Kamal, aged 25, the NIA claims that his area of operation was Dachhan, Marwah and Chichha and he was involved in such cases in Kishtwar region.
Shakir Hussain Sheikh alias Chota Hafiz, aged 26 years is said to be also involved in various terrorist related cases and active in Palmar, Dachhan and Marwah area since 2005.
NIA had earlier arrested Wasim Akram Malik, Aamir Abbas Dev and a juvenile for allegedly sending emails to media houses claiming responsibility for the blast on behalf of banned terror group Harkat ul-Jihad al-Islami (HuJI). Wasim was pursuing medical studies in Bangladesh.
They have been booked under various provisions of the IPC, the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and the Explosive Substances Act, dealing with conspiracy, murder, attempt to kill, causing hurt and using explosives.
Malik, today, was remanded by a city court to NIA custody for three more days on the agency`s plea that he needs to be further interrogated for nabbing a few more of his accomplices.
A powerful bomb went off outside the Delhi High Court killed 15 persons and injured several others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars