NIA announces Rs 4 lakh reward on absconding IM terrorist
New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency has announced a reward of Rs four lakh on information leading to the arrest of absconding Indian Mujahideen terrorist Abdul Subhan Qureshi alias Touqeer.
Qureshi is accused of being originally a commander of the banned terror outfit Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI), who later with the help of other terrorists launched the Indian Mujahedeen.
He is also allegedly involved in various terror-related cases being probed by Delhi, Gujarat and Maharashtra police forces.
Qureshi is allegedly wanted by the NIA in a case which was initially registered by the Kerala Police in Kottayam in 2008 and later in 2010 transferred to the agency for further investigation which registered an FIR.
It was alleged in the FIR that members of the banned organisation SIMI conducted three days training camp at Vagamon in Kottayam district, Kerala, and underwent a course in physical training, arms training including firing practice, rope climbing, rock climbing, motorbike racing and manufacture of petrol bombs. It was alleged they also made speeches about jihad in India and incited the participants to wage war against the country.
A chargesheet has been filed against 30 accused persons under different sections of the Indian Penal Code, Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, Arms Act and Explosive Substances Act before the Special Court, NIA, Ernakulam in January this year.
41-year-old Qureshi hails from Maharashtra.
A Red Corner Notice has also been issued against Qureshi by Interpol, besides an arrest warrant by a court in Gujarat for his alleged involvement in Ahmedabad blasts case of 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview