NIA arrests suspect Mafat Lal in 2007 Ajmer blasts
Vadodra: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Thursday arrested a Mafat Lal,one of the suspected conspirators of 2007 Ajmer blasts from Vadodra.
Lal would be taken to a special NIA court in Jaipur, where the Ajmer blast hearing is taking place.
Mafat Lal is a right-wing terrorist who is suspected to be involved in Ajmer dargah blast in October 2007 that left three persons dead and 20 injured.
The NIA has arrested at least nine persons in connection with the murder of Joshi and explosions in Samjhauta train, Malegaon and Mecca Masjid blasts in Hyderabad.
Earlier yesterday, the agency sleuths had nabbed another accused Bhavesh Patel from New Delhi and sent him sent him to 15 days custody.
Patel is alleged to be one of the main persons involved in planting the explosives at the shrine.
Patel is alleged to have planted the bomb inside the shrine on the direction of Joshi, the sources said, adding the accused was involved in planning the terror act as well.
The arrest of the accused is expected to unravel the fate of other members of the terror module who have been absconding over a period of time. Patel had also allegedly helped in procuring SIM cards and mobile phones used as timer device to carry out the blasts at Ajmer and Mecca Masjid in Hyderabad, the sources in the NIA said.
With PTI Inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended