NIA arrests suspect Mafat Lal in 2007 Ajmer blasts
Vadodra: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Thursday arrested a Mafat Lal,one of the suspected conspirators of 2007 Ajmer blasts from Vadodra.
Lal would be taken to a special NIA court in Jaipur, where the Ajmer blast hearing is taking place.
Mafat Lal is a right-wing terrorist who is suspected to be involved in Ajmer dargah blast in October 2007 that left three persons dead and 20 injured.
The NIA has arrested at least nine persons in connection with the murder of Joshi and explosions in Samjhauta train, Malegaon and Mecca Masjid blasts in Hyderabad.
Earlier yesterday, the agency sleuths had nabbed another accused Bhavesh Patel from New Delhi and sent him sent him to 15 days custody.
Patel is alleged to be one of the main persons involved in planting the explosives at the shrine.
Patel is alleged to have planted the bomb inside the shrine on the direction of Joshi, the sources said, adding the accused was involved in planning the terror act as well.
The arrest of the accused is expected to unravel the fate of other members of the terror module who have been absconding over a period of time. Patel had also allegedly helped in procuring SIM cards and mobile phones used as timer device to carry out the blasts at Ajmer and Mecca Masjid in Hyderabad, the sources in the NIA said.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video