NIA arrests suspect Mafat Lal in 2007 Ajmer blasts
Vadodra: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Thursday arrested a Mafat Lal,one of the suspected conspirators of 2007 Ajmer blasts from Vadodra.
Lal would be taken to a special NIA court in Jaipur, where the Ajmer blast hearing is taking place.
Mafat Lal is a right-wing terrorist who is suspected to be involved in Ajmer dargah blast in October 2007 that left three persons dead and 20 injured.
The NIA has arrested at least nine persons in connection with the murder of Joshi and explosions in Samjhauta train, Malegaon and Mecca Masjid blasts in Hyderabad.
Earlier yesterday, the agency sleuths had nabbed another accused Bhavesh Patel from New Delhi and sent him sent him to 15 days custody.
Patel is alleged to be one of the main persons involved in planting the explosives at the shrine.
Patel is alleged to have planted the bomb inside the shrine on the direction of Joshi, the sources said, adding the accused was involved in planning the terror act as well.
The arrest of the accused is expected to unravel the fate of other members of the terror module who have been absconding over a period of time. Patel had also allegedly helped in procuring SIM cards and mobile phones used as timer device to carry out the blasts at Ajmer and Mecca Masjid in Hyderabad, the sources in the NIA said.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'