NIA asked to produce Headley
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Thursday directed the NIA to produce before it on August 6 Pakistani-American David Coleman Headley, his accomplice Tahawwur Rana, LeT founder Hafiz Saeed and others for allegedly carrying out several terror strikes in India.
District Judge H S Sharma issued fresh Non-Bailable Warrants (NBWs) against Pakistan Army officials Major Iqbal and Major Sameer Ali, 26/11 Mumbai attack mastermind Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, Al-Qaeda operative Illyas Kashmiri, Headley`s handler Sajid Malik and former Pakistani Army officer Abdul Rehman Hashmi, co-accused in the case.
During the earlier hearing, the court after taking cognisance of the voluminous charge sheet of NIA had issued process against Headley, Rana, Saeed and Lakhvi and NBWs against the other five accused to secure their presence before the court to face trial for their alleged roles in various terror attacks in India.
It had also allowed the NIA`s plea to issue a letter of request to the Kingdom of Morocco for judicial assistance to collect more evidence against the accused.
The NIA had urged the court to issue a letter rogatory to Morocco to help it further investigate the role of Headley`s second wife Faiza Outalha in the 26/11 attacks and ascertain her whereabouts.
According to the NIA, Outalha hails from Morocco and she had visited India in April 2007 and June, July and August 2008.
A Red Corner Notice (RCN) has already been issued by the Bombay Police against Headley and Rana.
The NIA, in its charge sheet, had accused 51-year-old Headley, Rana, Saeed and six others for planning and executing terror strikes in India, including the 26/11 Mumbai attack.
The charge sheet, which was filed after two years of probe by the central agencies, contained statements of 134 witnesses along with 210 documents and 106 e-mails.
Headley and Rana are at present in the custody of the US authorities and the NIA has only got a limited access to Headley who had entered into plea bargain with US authorities to escape harsh sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India