NIA gets more time to probe case against top IM men
New Delhi: A court here Saturday allowed the National Investigation Agency`s (NIA) plea seeking more time for the probe in the case against two top suspected Indian Mujahideen operatives.
District Judge IS Mehta allowed the NIA`s plea seeking a three month extension in the case against Tehsin Akhtar and Waqas alias Zia-ur-Rahman.
Earlier, NIA told the court that the two accused are "still conspiring" to carry out terror attacks at various places including in Delhi.
"Both these accused had and are still conspiring to commit terrorist acts by making preparation for targeting various prominent places in India especially the national capital Delhi," it apprised the court in its plea seeking extension of the period of investigation against them to 180 days.
Tehsin was arrested March 25 near the India-Nepal border in West Bengal while Waqas was arrested outside the Ajmer railway station March 22. Both were wanted for planning terror strikes in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price