NIA gets more time to probe case against top IM men
New Delhi: A court here Saturday allowed the National Investigation Agency`s (NIA) plea seeking more time for the probe in the case against two top suspected Indian Mujahideen operatives.
District Judge IS Mehta allowed the NIA`s plea seeking a three month extension in the case against Tehsin Akhtar and Waqas alias Zia-ur-Rahman.
Earlier, NIA told the court that the two accused are "still conspiring" to carry out terror attacks at various places including in Delhi.
"Both these accused had and are still conspiring to commit terrorist acts by making preparation for targeting various prominent places in India especially the national capital Delhi," it apprised the court in its plea seeking extension of the period of investigation against them to 180 days.
Tehsin was arrested March 25 near the India-Nepal border in West Bengal while Waqas was arrested outside the Ajmer railway station March 22. Both were wanted for planning terror strikes in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore