NIA gets more time to probe case against top IM men
New Delhi: A court here Saturday allowed the National Investigation Agency`s (NIA) plea seeking more time for the probe in the case against two top suspected Indian Mujahideen operatives.
District Judge IS Mehta allowed the NIA`s plea seeking a three month extension in the case against Tehsin Akhtar and Waqas alias Zia-ur-Rahman.
Earlier, NIA told the court that the two accused are "still conspiring" to carry out terror attacks at various places including in Delhi.
"Both these accused had and are still conspiring to commit terrorist acts by making preparation for targeting various prominent places in India especially the national capital Delhi," it apprised the court in its plea seeking extension of the period of investigation against them to 180 days.
Tehsin was arrested March 25 near the India-Nepal border in West Bengal while Waqas was arrested outside the Ajmer railway station March 22. Both were wanted for planning terror strikes in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered