NIA gets more time to probe case against top IM men
New Delhi: A court here Saturday allowed the National Investigation Agency`s (NIA) plea seeking more time for the probe in the case against two top suspected Indian Mujahideen operatives.
District Judge IS Mehta allowed the NIA`s plea seeking a three month extension in the case against Tehsin Akhtar and Waqas alias Zia-ur-Rahman.
Earlier, NIA told the court that the two accused are "still conspiring" to carry out terror attacks at various places including in Delhi.
"Both these accused had and are still conspiring to commit terrorist acts by making preparation for targeting various prominent places in India especially the national capital Delhi," it apprised the court in its plea seeking extension of the period of investigation against them to 180 days.
Tehsin was arrested March 25 near the India-Nepal border in West Bengal while Waqas was arrested outside the Ajmer railway station March 22. Both were wanted for planning terror strikes in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!