NIA gets more time to probe case against top IM men
New Delhi: A court here Saturday allowed the National Investigation Agency`s (NIA) plea seeking more time for the probe in the case against two top suspected Indian Mujahideen operatives.
District Judge IS Mehta allowed the NIA`s plea seeking a three month extension in the case against Tehsin Akhtar and Waqas alias Zia-ur-Rahman.
Earlier, NIA told the court that the two accused are "still conspiring" to carry out terror attacks at various places including in Delhi.
"Both these accused had and are still conspiring to commit terrorist acts by making preparation for targeting various prominent places in India especially the national capital Delhi," it apprised the court in its plea seeking extension of the period of investigation against them to 180 days.
Tehsin was arrested March 25 near the India-Nepal border in West Bengal while Waqas was arrested outside the Ajmer railway station March 22. Both were wanted for planning terror strikes in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Tattoo alert: Reasons why you shouldn't get inked with any religious symbol!
- Oops! Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah gets kissed by woman in public — Watch video
- Iraqi army declares Fallujah fully liberated from Islamic State
- Priyanka Chopra opens up about her Hollywood debut 'Baywatch'! – Read more
- How al Qaeda radicalises youth and trains them, reveals arrested militant leader