NIA given 13 days remand of 2 SIMI activists
Patna: A special court here today gave 13 days remand of two SIMI activists arrested from Chhattisgarh in connection with Bodh Gaya and Patna serial blasts to NIA for questioning.
After being brought here from Raipur, two SIMI activists--Umer Siddiqui and Azharuddin Kureshi--were produced in the court of Special Judge of designated NIA court who gave 13 days remand of the two to the central agency.
The judge ordered to produce them before the court on December 18.
The two SIMI activists were arrested in Chhattisgarh in November in connection with serial bomb blasts in Bodh Gaya and at a rally of BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in Patna on October 27 last.
NIA (National Investigation Agency) had prayed for 15 days remand but the court gave them 13 days remand of the two to sequence the events leading to explosions at the two places.
A Raipur court had on December 2 given three day transit remand of the two to be produced in Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list