NIA has lost its credibility: RSS
New Delhi: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) leader Indresh Kumar on Wednesday said the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has been instructed by the Central Government to conspire against his party after the name of a former party worker, Kamal Chauhan, emerged as the latest suspect in 2007 Samjhauta train blast case.
Kumar said that the investigative agency had not conducted detailed probe in the militant attacks that had taken place in the country.
"Today, another question has been raised. In fact many questions have arisen that NIA has been given the responsibility to investigate militant attacks or has the NIA been given the responsibility by the Home Ministry to defame the RSS. We want a detailed inquiry of the same. What is the order for NIA?" he asked.
Kumar further said the Central Government, including Union Home Minister P Chidambaram, has been incessantly involved in corrupt activities.
Kumar said that the Home Ministry is harming the interests of the country. "When they had to submit the ``Most Wanted list`` to Pakistan, in which the names of several Indians figured, it meant that the Home Ministry along with the Home Minister hatched a conspiracy and gave a clean chit to Pakistan," said Kumar.
Kumar accused the Home Minister of being ``a traitor and involved in corruption, and trying to defame RSS".
Kamal Chauhan, a disgruntled RSS worker arrested by the NIA, on Tuesday claimed that he had planted bombs on Samjhauta Express in 2007 that left 68 people, mostly Pakistanis, dead.
"Yes, I have done it on my will," Chauhan told the media as he was being taken out after in-camera proceedings in the Panchkula court, which granted the NIA his custody till February 24 for questioning him on his role in the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert