NIA has lost its credibility: RSS
New Delhi: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) leader Indresh Kumar on Wednesday said the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has been instructed by the Central Government to conspire against his party after the name of a former party worker, Kamal Chauhan, emerged as the latest suspect in 2007 Samjhauta train blast case.
Kumar said that the investigative agency had not conducted detailed probe in the militant attacks that had taken place in the country.
"Today, another question has been raised. In fact many questions have arisen that NIA has been given the responsibility to investigate militant attacks or has the NIA been given the responsibility by the Home Ministry to defame the RSS. We want a detailed inquiry of the same. What is the order for NIA?" he asked.
Kumar further said the Central Government, including Union Home Minister P Chidambaram, has been incessantly involved in corrupt activities.
Kumar said that the Home Ministry is harming the interests of the country. "When they had to submit the ``Most Wanted list`` to Pakistan, in which the names of several Indians figured, it meant that the Home Ministry along with the Home Minister hatched a conspiracy and gave a clean chit to Pakistan," said Kumar.
Kumar accused the Home Minister of being ``a traitor and involved in corruption, and trying to defame RSS".
Kamal Chauhan, a disgruntled RSS worker arrested by the NIA, on Tuesday claimed that he had planted bombs on Samjhauta Express in 2007 that left 68 people, mostly Pakistanis, dead.
"Yes, I have done it on my will," Chauhan told the media as he was being taken out after in-camera proceedings in the Panchkula court, which granted the NIA his custody till February 24 for questioning him on his role in the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues