NIA picks up father of terror suspect
Samastipur: A National Investigation Agency (NIA) team on Monday picked up the father of fugitive terror suspect Md Tehseen Akhtar, alias Monu, from Maniyarpur in Bihar`s Samastipur district for questioning, police said.
A six-member NIA team came to the village and went straight to the house of Md Wasim Akhtar, Monu`s father, where they questioned the family members about the whereabouts of the absconding suspect.
The NIA team then took Wasim Akhtar to Kalyanpur police station for questioning. He was later taken to an undisclosed destination, police added.
The senior Akhtar`s blood sample, too, was collected.
Monu is wanted in connection with several terror attacks across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir