NIA picks up father of terror suspect
Samastipur: A National Investigation Agency (NIA) team on Monday picked up the father of fugitive terror suspect Md Tehseen Akhtar, alias Monu, from Maniyarpur in Bihar`s Samastipur district for questioning, police said.
A six-member NIA team came to the village and went straight to the house of Md Wasim Akhtar, Monu`s father, where they questioned the family members about the whereabouts of the absconding suspect.
The NIA team then took Wasim Akhtar to Kalyanpur police station for questioning. He was later taken to an undisclosed destination, police added.
The senior Akhtar`s blood sample, too, was collected.
Monu is wanted in connection with several terror attacks across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’