NIA probe into Malegaon blast illegal: Accused

Last Updated: Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 16:19

Mumbai: A month after NIA filed its supplementary chargesheet in connection with the 2006 Malegoan blasts, an accused on Saturday challenged its legality, saying that further investigation in the case by the probe agency was totally "illegal".

Blast accused Dhan Singh, who was arrested by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) along with three others, moved the Special MCOCA court saying that ATS had filed a chargesheet and the case was taken over by the CBI in 2007 which also filed a supplementary chargesheet.

"Whatever has been done by NIA, under the guise of further investigation is totally bad in law and hence the material collected by NIA has no legal sanctity," the application said.
It said that the material was collected by NIA without any authority of law and therefore all that can`t be looked into.

Dhan Singh has sought that the investigation carried out by NIA be declared illegal. He has also prayed that if the court feels it proper, then his application may be sent to the Bombay High court for reference.

The NIA is likely to file its reply on the application on July 22.
He has also moved another application in the court saying that he may be allowed to file a say in the discharge application filed by two accused - Mohammad Ali Alam Sheikh and Asif Khan Bashir Khan. Sheikh and Khan had filed a discharge application last week.

Meanwhile another accused Manohar Singh has moved an application saying that his case was transferred to NIA without any "sufficient cause".

"The matter without any sufficient cause was transferred to NIA for the purpose of political gains at the instigation of political parties and a deliberate attempt has been made to deviate the direction of the investigation," read his application.

PTI



First Published: Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 16:19

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus