NIA puts up property attachment order at IM operative`s home
Samastipur: A notice for property attachment was put up today at the home of fugitive Indian Mujahideen(IM) operative Tahseen Akhtar alias Monu, who is considered mastermind of the serial blasts in Patna and Bodh Gaya.
The notice asked the accused to surrender within 30 days or else security forces would attach the property, police said.
A team of NIA along with district police reached Akhtar`s home at Maniyarpur under Kalyanpur police station in Samastipur district and pasted the notice at the main gate of the house.
Family members of Akhtar were inside the house when the notice was pasted, the police said.
NIA had yesterday announced a cash reward of up to Rs 10 lakh for any information leading to the arrest of five absconding accused of the banned IM including Tahseen Akhtar and Haider Ali alias Abdullah, who hails from Madanpur in Aurangabad district in the Bodh Gaya and Patna serial blasts cases.
As per details of the investigation into the serial blasts at the October 27 Patna rally and at Bodh Gaya on July 7, Akhtar was the mastermind of both the terror attacks.
Akhtar had run away from home in 2011 and never returned. He has virtually taken over operation of IM after the arrest of founding member Yasin Bhatkal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok