NIA says Sunil Joshi murdered for making sexual advances on Sadhvi Pragya Thakur: Report
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a sensational turn of events in the RSS pracharak Sunil Joshi`s murder case, National Investigation Agency (NIA) has concurred that Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur had him eliminated due to his sexual advances towards her.
As per a newspaper report, Joshi was killed because Sadhvi Pragya was wary of his sexual advances and was scared that the plan for Malegaon blasts would leak.
The NIA is set to file a chargesheet in the murder of Sunil Joshi next week and Sadhvi Pragya`s name is likely to feature in it, says the report.
Sadhvi Pragya is the prime accused in the Malegaon blasts that resulted in the death of 37 people.
Pragya has already been named as an accused in this case by the Dewas Police and reports claimed that Sadhvi she confessed her role in the murder.
She and four others will be charged by NIA under the provisions of the Arms Act. She is the only person to be named by both the agencies.
The four persons who are likely to be charged by NIA include Rajendra Chowdhary, Lokesh Sharma, Jitendra Sharma (a leader of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha) and Balbir Singh. A sixth accused, Dilip Jagtap, has turned approver.
According to the NIA, Rajendra and Lokesh killed Joshi on the night of December 29, 2007 in Dewas.
The pistols and magazines were procured and hidden by Jitendra Sharma and Balbir Singh, according to the report which will be filed next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore