close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

NIA takes over inquiry into 2008 Modasa blast case

The Central government has asked the Gujarat government to hand over investigation of the 2008 Modasa blast case to the National Investigation Agency (NIA), police said Wednesday.



Ahmedabad: The Central government has asked
the Gujarat government to hand over investigation of the 2008
Modasa blast case to the National Investigation Agency (NIA),
police said Wednesday.

"We have received a letter today from the Central government
stating that the NIA has found links between Modasa blast and
some of the cases it was investigating," Additional Director
General of Police (ADGP) S K Sinha said.

"Hence they have asked that the investigation in the
Modasa blast case be handed over to the NIA," he said.

On September 29, 2008 a low intensity blast in the Suka
Bazar area of Modasa town of Sabarkantha district had killed a
15-year-old boy and injured 10 people.

During investigation it was found that gun powder was
used as trigger low-intensity explosion in a minority
dominated area of Modasa town a few days before the Ramzan
Eid.

According to police, the explosives attached with timer
device were mounted on a motorcycle in the densely populated
Suka Bazar area, and was triggered using the battery of the
two-wheeler.

So far, no arrest has been made in connection with this
case.

PTI

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions

trending

photo gallery

video

DNA EXCLUSIVES

India needs one more big push for construction of ‘Big Dams’

Pakistan at UNGA: Islamabad continues to live in denial with same old rhetoric

Mahamana Express: 10 things you need to know about Varanasi-Vadodara train

What is a stimulus package and how will it help to save Indian economy from slowdown: 5 points to know

India requires out-of-the box thinking on tax reforms