NIA team asks Gujarat Govt for premises and staff
Ahmedabad: The National Investigating Agency
(NIA), which has taken over the probe in Modasa blast case of
September 2008, has asked the Gujarat government to provide it
office premises and staff, senior police officials said today.
A team of the NIA headed by an Inspector General rank
officer, which is camping in Modasa at present, has requested
for office premises in Ahmedabad or Modasa, they said.
The agency has also asked for 15-20 police personnel
including couple of officers of the rank of DySP for support
during investigation in Modasa blast probe, they added.
According to the officials, the NIA`s demand for premises
is under consideration while state CID has been requested to
arrange for staff.
NIA had last week taken charge of the probe into the low
intensity blast in the Suka Bazar area of Modasa town of
Sabarkantha district that had killed a 15-year-old boy and
injured 10 people on September 29, 2008.
During investigation it was found that gun powder was
used to trigger low-intensity blast in minority dominated area
of Modasa town a few days before the Ramzan Eid in 2008.
According to police, the explosives attached with timer
device were mounted on a motorcycle in the densely populated
Suka Bazar area, and was triggered using the battery of the
two-wheeler. So far no arrests have been made in connection
with this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch