NIA team asks Gujarat Govt for premises and staff
Ahmedabad: The National Investigating Agency
(NIA), which has taken over the probe in Modasa blast case of
September 2008, has asked the Gujarat government to provide it
office premises and staff, senior police officials said today.
A team of the NIA headed by an Inspector General rank
officer, which is camping in Modasa at present, has requested
for office premises in Ahmedabad or Modasa, they said.
The agency has also asked for 15-20 police personnel
including couple of officers of the rank of DySP for support
during investigation in Modasa blast probe, they added.
According to the officials, the NIA`s demand for premises
is under consideration while state CID has been requested to
arrange for staff.
NIA had last week taken charge of the probe into the low
intensity blast in the Suka Bazar area of Modasa town of
Sabarkantha district that had killed a 15-year-old boy and
injured 10 people on September 29, 2008.
During investigation it was found that gun powder was
used to trigger low-intensity blast in minority dominated area
of Modasa town a few days before the Ramzan Eid in 2008.
According to police, the explosives attached with timer
device were mounted on a motorcycle in the densely populated
Suka Bazar area, and was triggered using the battery of the
two-wheeler. So far no arrests have been made in connection
with this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues