NIA to hold video conference with US Justice Department
New Delhi: National Investigation Agency (NIA), probing the conspiracy angle in 26/11 Mumbai attacks, will be holding a video conferencing with the US`s Department of Justice for providing "limited access" to Lashker-e-Taiba terrorist David Headley and his accomplice Tahawwur Rana.
The video conference will come in the wake of reluctance on the part of FBI, which blew the lid off the conspiracy being hatched by Headley, American-Pakistani national, along with Rana, who is a Pakistani national settled in Canada, for any further interrogation of the duo by Indian investigators.
Official sources said the video conference will be held soon ahead of the visit of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to the United States where he is scheduled to meet Barack Obama as well next month.
However, the matter is unlikely to figure in the Prime Minister`s bilateral talks in the US but sources said it is expected a final decision of whether to allow limited access to Healdey and Rana would be taken before his visit.
India had intensified its efforts for access to Headley and Rana and during Indo-US Homeland Security Dialogue held in Washington between May 20-22, India conveyed to the US for handing over the duo for a brief period after FBI expressed its inability to extradite him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray