NIA to probe Naxal attack on Cong leaders in Chhattisgarh: Shinde
New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) will probe the Maoist attack on Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh after the Centre received a go-ahead from Chief Minister Raman Singh for the same.
"I have spoken to Raman Singh and he has agreed for probe by NIA and he has agreed to the probe by the central agency", Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said on Sunday over phone from New York.
Shinde said he has asked Union Home Secretary R K Singh to proceed accordingly in the matter.
Shinde said he has briefed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh about the decision to hand over the investigation to NIA.
Heavily-armed Maoists had yesterday ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district, killing 27 people including Congress leader Mahendra Karma, PCC chief Nand Kumar Patel, his son Dinesh and ex-MLA Uday Mudliyar and injuring 32 others, including former union minister V C Shukla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly