NIA to probe Naxal attack on Cong leaders in Chhattisgarh: Shinde
New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) will probe the Maoist attack on Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh after the Centre received a go-ahead from Chief Minister Raman Singh for the same.
"I have spoken to Raman Singh and he has agreed for probe by NIA and he has agreed to the probe by the central agency", Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said on Sunday over phone from New York.
Shinde said he has asked Union Home Secretary R K Singh to proceed accordingly in the matter.
Shinde said he has briefed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh about the decision to hand over the investigation to NIA.
Heavily-armed Maoists had yesterday ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district, killing 27 people including Congress leader Mahendra Karma, PCC chief Nand Kumar Patel, his son Dinesh and ex-MLA Uday Mudliyar and injuring 32 others, including former union minister V C Shukla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi